Thursday, December 3, 2009

The best of both worlds


First off, good morning world. It's the first time that I'm actually writing a blog entry in the morning. I literally just woke up and my mind is still pretty much fresh from dreamland.

I remember having a conversation with my friend yesterday about Barney Stinson and Ted Mosby. If you don't know who these two are they're characters from how I met your mother. Barney is a smooth talking, amazingly colorful, womanizing, Armani clad man full of awesomeness. Whereas Ted is a failed architect turned professor. He's terrible at dating and he pretty much doesn't really dress up. He's a total romantic sap. Now this friend of mine and I just share one thing in common, we both just got out of long-term relationships. If I remember correctly he broke up with his girlfriend 1 week after my relationship ended. So as you can pretty much imagine I guess we're both going through the same thing.

We talked about how he feels like he's Ted Mosby disguised as Barney and how much he wanted to be just like Barney. 1 shallow one night stand after the other, with the ability to be un-emotional when it comes to relationships. Yes, I agree that there is an upside to this because well at least you don't get hurt, but what I pointed out to him was that at the end of it all even if the Ted Mosbys' of the world are more often than not disappointed and hurt, at the end of it all we're the ones who find TRUE happiness. The Barney Stinsons' of the world may have fun now but at the end of the day they lead empty, hollow lives. And then it got me to thinking, wouldn't it be amazing if you had the ability to switch between these two characters at will? Being completely emotion-less as you're going through the dating ranks then once you find someone who you feel is going to be terrific together with you, you suddenly switch to Ted mode?

At the end of the conversation I remember telling him one thing, If we're both so sick of just being depressed, maybe it's time we get back into the game :)

3 comments:

  1. I agree with what you said. Be completely emotion-less in dating ranks then when we finally meet the ONE, we'll turn to be more serious. And hopefully, that person will really be with us forever and make us realize that the long wait is worth it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your friends name Hour Lopez because they have the same emotion-less thingy when it comes to dating!?!.
    "Barney is a smooth talking, amazingly colorful, womanizing, Armani clad man full of awesomeness."I love how he delivers his punchlines. FTW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still the greatest thing in this world is love. You have been hurt by love but no s mattter how we try to escape from the harsh reality you are feeling now, love will stillz be the only reason to make us happy. Its just that the people nowadays are bound to stuck in the most stupid idea there is, the only love they know is of the oposite sex. babaw ra kaau. Sometimes I thought, Im not as witty or intelligent as you guys are but Im still happy because I know why I am here on earth. I know my purpose, I know what I want and most especially I know who I am. Im complete.

    ReplyDelete